If you’re interested in learning about Chicago’s history and seeing the city in style, the Chicago Architecture Foundation’s River Cruise is an excellent choice. As you relax on a charming boat in the beautiful Chicago River you will be taken to discover more than 50 buildings in this unique architecture tour. The boat trip lasts about 90 minutes and experienced local guides retell visitors the interesting history of Chicago. The booming metropolis is the third most populous cities in the United States and started off as a small back-country outpost. Guides will reveal the interesting story of how Chicago grew so quickly in just 100 years. They will also talk about the architectural styles and the talented people who built the city. To book a tour you can contact the Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise staff for more information. The tour runs from April 28 to November 18.
Quick Facts about Chicago from our Chicago Downtown Hotel
- President Barack Obama’s hometown is Chicago and he owns a home in Chicago.
- Chicago has more than 7000 restaurants
- Nearly 40 million people visit Chicago each year
- Chicago’s nicknames are: The Windy City, the City of Big Shoulders, the Second City, and The City That Works.
- The first Ferris wheel made its debut in Chicago in 1893.
- The Lincoln Park Zoo is the country’s oldest public zoo.
- The Art Institute of Chicago has one of the largest collections of Impressionist paintings in the world.
Looking for a Chicago Downtown Hotel? Why not say with the Chicago Lake Shore Hotel?
If you’re looking for Chicago Accommodation, the Chicago Lake Shore Hotel is only minutes away from downtown and several amazing attractions including the McCormick Place Convention Center, the Navy Pier, the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, and Chicago White Sox. This family-friendly hotel has a scheduled shuttle and free parking to make your stay as affordable as possible.